Skip to main content

$18,000 and a Death Certificate: The Rent Relief Scam That Stole My Son's Legacy


 $18,000 and a Death Certificate: The Rent Relief Scam That Stole My Son's Legacy

By Pamela Jackson | The Phoenix Coach


Intro: When Relief Becomes Robbery

They called it rent relief. I call it theft disguised as charity. During the pandemic, I was approved for $18,000 in COVID-19 rent assistance. That same amount reappeared when I was later terminated and approved for unemployment. Twice, I was awarded. Twice, I received nothing. Twice, the system made sure my voice was silenced.

But the most heartbreaking piece? My son’s name is in this paper trail.


The Setup: How They Played the Game

Let’s get real: COVID rent relief wasn’t about keeping families safe. It was about funneling funds into landlord pockets and LLCs that were never meant to support us. The paperwork looked legitimate. The promises sounded good. But behind the scenes? Landlords evicted families after taking government funds. Shell companies absorbed aid and left tenants homeless.

My approved amount was $18,000—not once, but twice. First, through rent relief. Second, through unemployment. Both were directly tied to destabilizing events: an illegal eviction and a wrongful job termination. But the money never reached me. Why?

Because I wasn’t supposed to survive. Not spiritually. Not financially.


My Son: The One Who Tried to Shield Others

My son died during the pandemic. His death certificate listed COVID-related diagnoses. But what it didn’t list was his calling.

Before he passed, he had two apartments in his name. One was for a single mother with two children—someone being targeted, just like me. He tried to protect her when the system wanted her broken. He used his name to cover her, just like a spiritual shield. That kind of protection made him a target.

He wasn’t just my son. He was a prophetic vessel. And they knew it.


The Pattern of $18K: A Systemic Hit Job

Let’s do the math:

  • $18,000 COVID Rent Relief (Approved. Denied by design.)

  • $11,000 Unemployment Owed + $7,000 Post-Termination Approval = $18,000 again

  • Two payouts. Zero receipts. Endless sabotage.

And still, people ask me why I speak so boldly. Why I won’t sit down. Why I refuse to play nice with policies that eat the living and profit off the dead.

Because they tried to erase my son. Because they thought eviction meant erasure. Because they thought unemployment meant silence.

They thought wrong.


This Is Bigger Than Me

Every time I share this story, I’m not just reclaiming my voice—I’m rebuilding a record that was never supposed to exist. They didn’t count on the receipts. They didn’t count on my faith. They didn’t count on me using my pain to empower others.

And so, I write this as a warning. I write this as a weapon. I write this as a witness.


Call to Action: Share the Pattern, Break the Silence

If you’ve been:

  • Approved but never paid

  • Evicted after receiving rent relief

  • Displaced by the same system that claimed to save you

You are not alone. Your story matters. And together, we are building a testimony the courts couldn’t silence.

🕊️ He died in a pandemic—but they stole his legacy too. And I’m here to write it back.


Coming Soon

  • Downloadable Timeline of Events

  • Survivor Testimony Series: “They Used His Death to Hide the Scam”

  • The $18K Blog Series Collection

#ThePhoenixCoach #TheSilentEviction #18KThatDisappeared #COVIDReliefScam #LegacyStolenNotSilenced

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zimmerman vs. Karmelo: What’s the Difference?

Zimmerman vs. Karmelo: What’s the Difference? Two cases. One pattern. A system that never stopped. By The Phoenix Coach™ The short answer? Race. Media bias. And who gets the luxury of being called a victim. In 2012, the world watched George Zimmerman pursue 17-year-old Trayvon Martin through a Florida neighborhood, against the advice of 911. Trayvon, carrying Skittles and iced tea, was doing nothing more than walking home. Minutes later, he was dead. Zimmerman claimed self-defense under Florida’s “ Stand Your Ground ” law. He said Trayvon attacked him. But Trayvon couldn’t speak for himself—because he was murdered. There were no close-range witnesses. No one who could challenge Zimmerman’s narrative. And so, he walked free. Fast forward to today. A similar tragedy is unfolding in Texas—only this time, the Black teen is alive . His name is Karmelo Anthony (not the celebrity athlete, but a young man whose story is being warped by the media and weaponized by conservative outlets for clic...

My Father Was Never Meant to Be Homeless

  My Father Was Never Meant to Be Homeless By Pamela, The Phoenix Coach I used to think the system failed my father. Now I know—it targeted him. Because a man with rich soil in his hands, pomegranate trees in his backyard, and a grandmother who dug up amethyst from the ground was never supposed to sleep on concrete. 🌳 He Came From Fruit, Not Famine My father was a gardener. Not the metaphorical kind—but the kind who spoke to the land and made it listen. He worked full-time. He planted trees that bore fruit every season: Apples. Pears. Plums. Figs. We didn’t have stock portfolios—we had sacred soil. His mother had a well , a garden , and pear trees that fed generations . They fished every day. They lived off the land—not because they were poor, but because they understood abundance doesn’t always wear a name brand. 💎 The Dream That Brought the Truth Back In 2021, I had a dream: My grandmother was on her knees, digging dirt with her hands. And what came out of th...